A great traditional baking recipe goes a step further when you use Blue Diamond Walnuts!
This recipe is posted on their Best Banana Nut Bread they have posted on their website http://www.diamondnuts.com/recipe/banana-bread
1 1/4 cups Diamond of California (R) Walnuts or Pecans
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour or 1 cup all purpose and 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 ups mashed ripe banana (about 3 or 4 bananas)
1/3 cup grape seed oil or vegetable oil
1/3 cup buttermilk
*Variation: Spiced Banana Nut Bread
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnemon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
*Variation: Ginger-Banana Nut Bread
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Position rack in center of the oven and preheat to 350F*. Spread nuts in a single layer on a heavy small baking sheet or shallow pan. Toast the nuts in the oven until just golden brown and fragrant, stirring once, about 7-10 minutes for walnuts and 5-7 minutes for pecans. (If nuts are already chopped reduce baking time by 2-3 minutes and watch closely.) Cool and coarsely chop. Maintain oven temperature.
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Dust the loaf pan lightly with flour, tapping out excess. Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt to blend in a lard bowl. Stir in 1 cup nuts.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a medium blow to blend. Mix in the bananas, oil and buttermilk.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Pour the batter onto the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup nuts over the batter. Bake until a tester inserted in center of the loaf comes out clean, after about 1 hour. (Cover bread loosely with foil the last 10-15 minutes if top is very brown.)
- Cool the bread in pan on rack 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the bread to loosen. Turn the bread out onto the rack and cool completely.